Original Roleplaying Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom

4 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Kingdom - Page 5 Empty Re: The Kingdom

Post  Jessiee Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:38 pm

Lesly flinched at the shout, and stood up immedietely. "Ah, Hello?" she called out. The Auditorium was very echoy, but she headed in the direction the voice seemed to come from. She spotted the girl necromancer and calmed down a bit. "Oh, it's you." she smiled. "What's going on?" she asked nonchalantely, offering her hand to help the girl up from her seated position.

The good thing about Lesly is that she forgave easily, and usually forgot what she was mad about entirely by the next hour. She only got mad to prove a point, and when that point was proven, she would calm down immediately and regard you as a friend. It was a mystery to her why others hated her so much. "Oh, sorry about calling you a b**ch!" she added quickly.
Jessiee
Jessiee

Back to top Go down

Post  jbdavis94 Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:49 pm

dMime looked at the girl, a little unwilling at first to grab her outstretched hand, but took it anyways, hauling herself up and dusting off her dress.

"Oh wow would you look at that, she even apologized for something she did, now it's your turn," Cassandra said, still floating by Mime's eyes, her eyes every now and then flickering between the two girls.

Mime wanted to retort, but didn't want anymore questions and wanted to get the stupid apology over and be done with it. Mime pouted, feeling the girl's eyes on her being, before she coughed, clearing her throat.

Mustering up her cough, Mime quickly blurted out, "I'm sorry!" It sounded more like a yell, but it would have to do. She never apologized before, and Cassandra's constant nagging was getting on her nerves.

"You call that an apology?" Cassandra scoffed, folding her hands across her chest, "It sounded more like you were screaming at her."

Mime's eyes slide over to Cassandra's face before she hissed, "Not now Cassandra."
jbdavis94
jbdavis94

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessiee Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:17 pm

Lelsy chuckled a bit at her loud apology, it was obvious she wasn't comfortable doing it. "It's okay. I forgive easy anyway." she glanced towards where the girl was looking and smiled, "So one of the ghosts are here?" she asked staring into the nothingness where she couldn't see a thing. "I'm Lesly, Lesly Williamson." she introduced herself, still seaching for a sign of the ghost. She turned back to the girl, "And you are?"
Jessiee
Jessiee

Back to top Go down

Post  jbdavis94 Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Mime blushed hotly at the girl's laugh. She was about to call her another name before she stopped herself. She was only laughing at her weird apology. Luckily for Mime, the girl forgives easy, so that was less of a burden on her. Cassandra wouldn't pester her about being nice.

"I"m Lesly, Lesly Williamson." Lesly, huh, a rather nice name, "So are one of the ghosts here?"

Cassandra cackled at Lesly face as she looked about auditorium, hoping to catch a glimpse of her, making Mime wince slightly. "Uh huh-llllooooooo~! I'm Right in front of you!" Cassandra continued to cackled as she swirled around Lesly, her gray, ghostly aura surrounding her body.

"Stop that," Mime said under her breath, she looked up at Lesly, her face trying to quirk a smile, but found herself finding it rather hard, she'd never really talked to regular living people, other than her parents and the occasional teacher, "I'm Mime Blake, and to answer your question, yes, there is a ghost here, she's actually right beside me."
jbdavis94
jbdavis94

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessiee Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:23 pm

"Mime..." Lesly put her finger to her chin in thought, "That's a really nice name, i haven't heard it before." she smiled. "It's nice to meet you Mime." She grinned, "I've got a thing for all the supernatural, it kind of rubs off on me when people dream about it." she smiled thoughtfully than gasped, "Oh right, you don't know my powers!" she realized stupidly.

"It's nothing really interesting, I can put people to sleep and then dive into their dreams." she explained, "Actually it's not just people, but animals too. I've gone into a dogs dreams, but they were... a bit tp strange" she twitched slightly at the memory and made a disgusted face. "Trust me, you don't want to know some of the dreams I've seen." she commented. Suddenly she smiled again and looked at Mime curiously. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what can you do? I know you're a necromancer and that you can speak with Spirits, but i've heard they can raise the dead? Is that true?" she asked excitedly.
Jessiee
Jessiee

Back to top Go down

Post  jbdavis94 Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:34 pm

Mime wanted to be boastful, this girl wanted to know about her! Her! But as much as Mime wanted a friend other than a ghost, she just couldn't open up so coolly to this girl, but Cassandra was super interested in her.

"Ohhhhhh~ I wish she could see me! I want her to look into my dreams, I have some wicked dreams!" Mime shook her head. But even Mime was a little curious about her powers.

Mime saw the curious look in Lesly's eyes, Mime knew exactly where this is going, "So, if you don't mind me asking, what can you do? I know you're a necromancer and that you can speak with Spirits, but i've heard they can raise the dead? Is that true?" Yep, definitely saw that one coming.

Mime shook her head, "Yeah, necromancers can raise the dead, but I'm not that strong, I've raised animals, but that's only because their spirits aren't as strong as a humans. Humans are another story, and I won't even begin to try on the supernaturally gifted, so I've only been limited seeing and hearing them. It's actually not all that bad, for a while, it actually becomes quiet nice, much more peaceful than talking with regular people. Not that there's anything wrong with you, I just...ugh...whatever."

Cassandra cooed, "Awe ~! You love me!" Mime slightly shivered at Cassandra's touch, but she was used to it, it was never anything new to her.

Mime sighed, and looked away, this wouldn't be easy, conversing with a 'normie'. She looked up at Lesly, the harsh light in her eye, suddenly evaporating, but her face still remained the same.
jbdavis94
jbdavis94

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessiee Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:30 pm

Lesly smiled, "Ahh, I understand. Believe it or not, I couldn't control my dream diving and putting people to sleep until last year. That was difficult to deal with in school, no one wanted to hang out with the collapsing girl who made others collapse as well." She sighed and ran a hand through her short hair. "So, I learned to be alone most of the time, except for the few people like my teacher Mr. Bradley." She smiled slightly in memory of all the times she talked to her teacher. He was one of the only people in the world who talked to her and helped her get her powers under control. He was actually telekinetic, but he hadn't told her until she was leaving school.

"Ahh, I'm rambling again. Sorry." She smiled. "So, tell me about yourself. Have any hobbies?" She asked. She knew that most people didn't like fling into details about their past, so she never asked.
Jessiee
Jessiee

Back to top Go down

Post  jbdavis94 Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:37 pm

Mime shook her head, "Other than talking to the dead and creating my own stuffed animals, no not really. I've never really talked to anyone, so that pretty much rules out me having a social life, and my parents never understood me, so I never really left the house. My mom was always worried about my mental health, so I could pretty much skip school whenever I wanted." Mime replied with a nonchalant shrug. It was true, because her mother knew nothing of her gift, she was always worried that Mime had been born with some sort of mental disease, in a way necromancy was a sort of disease, but it was also a gift Mime learned to cherish, and hoped to one day harness.

"Luh-ame! C'mon, you can't be seriously, all you do is talk to people like me!" Cassandra whined. Mime sighed again, Cassandra was starting to show her rather fussy side, Mime began to notice she had a sort of bipolar personality going on here. One minute she was feeling sneaky, the next guilty, the next apologetic, and now she was feeling like a child.

"Could you just please stick to one emotion?" Mime snapped, whipping her head around to face Cassandra.

Cassandra merely looked confused. "What are you talking about 'stick with one emotion?'"

"Exactly what I mean," Mime scoffed, "you're such a friggin' flip-flopper, I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one with mental issues."

Cassandra's eyes went wide with shock, but quickly narrowed with fury, her eyes becoming nothing more than mere slits. "You take that back you little emo witch!"

"Fine I'll take it back, when you stop acting so schizo."

"You would know!" Cassandra snapped back.

Mime huffed, this girl really was a flip flopper.
jbdavis94
jbdavis94

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:00 am

Keith didn't like were this was going but he was running low on defense. While he didn't want to control anybody, he didn't want the teacher to get hurt either.

"What are you going to do when you get out of class then?" if worst came to worst he'd have to use his powers on her rather than the teacher. He wondered if she would suspect that, not that she would be able to do anything if she did but he still hated doing that on people he was starting to get comfortable with.

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:09 am

[Room 13]
[Group Studies]

Primrose gives Keith an odd look and changes the subject.

[Primrose]:
"You never answered my question before; about if you were the type to look for trouble. I guess I've got my answer now. If you ever get the urge to make use of your skills, you can always come with me. Otherwise, I'll take care of things myself."

She smirks slightly.

"Last chance. Take a risk and come with me, or stay here and be bored to death by bigots."
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://originalrpgamez.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:13 pm

The fact that she thought he didn't take risks struck a bit of a nerve. To him it sounded like she was calling him a pansy. Either way, she might hurt the teacher if he didn't follow along with her.

"Fine... just wait a second." Keith raised his hand asking for the teacher to come closer. It would be much easier for him if the teacher was close.

"Can we leave class? We have something important to attend," while he said this out loud it wasn't necessary. In reality he just had to will the teacher to let the two of them leave but he still wasn't sure he liked the idea of letting Primrose know how his powers worked. The teacher nodded curtly in a way Keith was almost sure was natural for this teacher.

"Kay. Lets get going quick," he wanted Primrose to get moving first so he could focus his powers on the teacher for a little while longer.

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:37 pm

[Hallway]

Primrose hurried behind Keith with a grin on her face. She looked... proud; not smug as she had looked before, just proud.
The two slipped out of class without much notice from the other students or the still entranced teacher. Once in the hallway, Keith felt a small hand tugging on his sleeve. Now Primrose was leading the way, and that could only spell trouble.

[Primrose]:
"That was pretty good. Smooth."

She urged him forward, directing him towards an exit.

"You have a good grasp of your powers. You want it to get even better? Come with me."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:51 pm

"Umm... I guess," he didn't trust Primrose but he couldn't help but consider the experience interesting. He also wasn't entirely sure if he had a choice on what was happening anymore either. Hopefully things didn't get too out of hand.

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:16 am

[Hallway]

Primrose continues to usher Keith towards an exit. She seems to know where she's going, but it's hard to imagine what she could be looking for. All that was down the hallway was more classrooms, and Keith knew from what he'd seen entering the school that there was little to nothing of interest outside. He recalls a small patch of woods and a green lawn surrounding the school, but that's about it.

[Outside]

After a few minutes of walking, the two end up wandering through the woods, following a beaten down path barely noticeable in the fallen twigs and soil. As the trees began to thin out, Keith can see the shape of a house in front of him and his curious guide. What would a house be doing out here? The school isn't exactly in the middle of nowhere, but it's out of the way enough that the idea of anyone living there seemed unlikely. Either way, this land is probably still part of the campus. It should be illegal for anyone to just move in there. Does anyone even know about this place? Well, Primrose obviously does.
The closer he gets, the more he can make out, including the figure of another student. He... he recognizes that girl. The weird girl from this morning! What was her name again? Wynona?
What exactly is going on here?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Keith was feeling beyond confused and did an awkward wave to Wynona out of habit.

"Where are we?" he asked no one in particular.

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:19 pm

[???]

Wynona raised one hand in a sort of half-wave before turning around and heading back towards the house. The building, Keith could now see, was somewhat decrepit. Come night it would probably look something like a cinema-style haunted house, but in the day, with light shining through the cracked windows and vines climbing the crooked frame, something about it seemed strangely inviting.
The dirt path they were walking came to an end.

[Primrose]:
"This is The Kingdom."

There was a confident little smirk on her face as she lead the way.

"I need to go talk to someone, but go ahead and look around. There are at least a few people skipping classes here at almost any given time. I guess you know Wyn already, or at least she knows you."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Keith had a million questions though he couldn't get himself to ask anything at the moment. He blindly stared at the building with his mouth hanging limp, realizing that he had just arrived to the place that was considered to have caused so much trouble. It wasn't ever clear what the Kingdom had done to anger any of the teachers.

Keith closed his mouth and started walking toward the "abandoned" house at a snails pace.
"If I ask something, will you respond?" he asked Wynona. He was pretty sure that it would take more than reaching this place to get answers for free but he might as well try... once again.

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:47 pm

[The Kingdom]

Wynona treads slowly beside Keith. She has a laptop propped up in the crook of her folded left elbow and a bag hanging off the opposite shoulder.

[Wynona]:
"I'd never not respond to someone. That's just rude."

She doesn't even look at Keith, thoroughly distracted by her precariously perched computer screen.

"You've been busy today. Or maybe it's the recruiter that's busy. It took weeks for me to be spotted, and you took all of a few hours. I guess that's partly because of me though. It's easiest to get what I'm looking for when the information is still new."

She shoots Keith a sideways smile.

"Speaking of which, I guess you're sort of my charge now. Don't worry, I'm a great teacher."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:29 pm

"Your charge?" Keith asked, "And what do you mean that it didn't take me that long to get spotted? Spotted for what?"

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:14 pm

[The Kingdom]

[Wynona]:
"Yep. As in I am in charge of you. I'm a Mind Kind, and your upperclassman, so that makes me your superior. Sort of. And I meant spotted for The Kingdom of course. Their used to be just one recruiter to pick out candidates, but now I'm here scope out information about new students, and that makes the process a lot easier."

She nudges open a creaky wooden door and steps inside. The inside of the aged house is not dissimilar to the outside, but with a more lived-in look and the clamor of young voices that made it actually seem like it could have once been a proper home.
Wynona stops in what looks to be something of a common-room and settles cross-legged on a sofa with her laptop balanced on her knees and bag on the floor beside her. She gestures for Keith to take a seat.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Keith tentatively sat next to her, "What do you... we do here?" he looked in the direction he thought the school was in, "Why do they hate us so much?"
He couldn't stop himself from asking all these things now that the information was available for him. He also might as well figure what he has just gotten himself into.

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:49 pm

[The Kingdom]

[Wynona]:
"Mm, they don't really hate us; they're afraid of us, which I guess could be the same thing. Specifically, they're afraid of our 'Princess'; the originally recruiter; the student they couldn't handle. The people who run this school aren't like us, but they act like they know what's right for us anyway. That's why we come here. Freaks help their own without ulterior motives.
I don't think the Strange House sees us as a major threat, but we're something they don't understand, so they don't want us having our way."

She taps on her keyboard and the corners of her lips quirk upward in a pleased grin.

"Also I hacked into their private network and abducted most of their student files, so the dean might be mad about that too."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:58 pm

"Oh..." he wasn't entirely sure on what else to say. He peered onto her computer to see what was on. His first question wasn't exactly answered but he wasn't sure whether he should ask more or not.

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:45 pm

[The Kingdom]

Wynona's computer screen is a muddled mess of coded data and strings of seemingly random jargon. It is indecipherable, even to someone more adept at computers. How Wynona is able to read it is a mystery.
However, she doesn't seem to be aware that Keith is looking over her shoulder.

[Wynona]:
"Hm, got carried away I think."

It's unclear whether she is talking about her confusing answers or her even more confusing codes. Either way, she seems to have gotten noticeably chattier than she was this morning.

"The other Mind Kind kids are useless, but you're file looks pretty good. And plus now I know you've got the skills for gathering information, so you can't hold out on me."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:50 pm

"What do you mean?" he still couldn't make out what it had said on the computer so he stopped trying to understand it. Keith settled for twiddling his thumbs and looking around the room instead. He supposed he would become comfortable in this room over time.

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum